Dog Bite VictimAwarded $268,000 Settlement
Dogs can provide us security, companionship, and unconditional love. When a dog rages out of control, however, the dog bite injury can be serious and permanent. What can you do if you receive a dog bite injury?
There are specific conditions that need to be shown to hold a dog owner liable. You need a dog bite lawyer that knows and understand the New York dog bite laws.
If you've suffered a dog bite injury, a lot may be happening at the same time. It can be very confusing and definitely scary. Below is a list of steps you need to take to deal with a dog bite as quickly and safely as possible.
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Get the name and contact information of the dog owner
- Report your injury to the police and request a copy of the report
- Take photographs of your injuries, of the dog and the location where the injury happened
- Do not accept any settlement or admit fault with the owner's insurance company
- Save any clothing damaged by the dog
- Contact an attorney you can trust
If you or a loved one have been injured from a dog bite, call Alexander & Associates dog bite injury lawyers at 1-800-529-1333.